Breaking News

Victor AD Talks About How His Hit Song "Wetin We Gain" Came To Be

The singer recently had an interview with Pulse Music where he spoke about his journey as an artist and how the hit song came about. 

''In 2008 when I was at Auchi Polytechnic, that was when I decided to start taking music seriously, I started as a rapper but it didn't work for me, so I joined a live band and I started doing pidgin music covers to western songs, which made people notice me.''

When I was performing a cover for John Legend's ''All of you'', then my departmental Dean was actually crying and on stage, he gave me money to record my first song, that was how it all started.''

I have released five songs before 'Wetin We Gain'. 'Jowo' paved way for me a little, 'Bigger You' was my biggest song in the south then, then I did 'Body Go Tell You'.
He also spoke of the time he knew that "Wetin we gain" had become a hit. 

'It was when I got a call to come perform in Ghana, back then in Warri, I had not even travelled up to five states for shows, I never even cross-border, so when I got the call I thought it was a joke. It turned out to be a blast, everyone was singing along, it blew my mind and I could not sleep all night. The song is something out of the ordinary, it was more like a conversation between God and me.

I composed the song in November 2017 at the edge of giving up, cos I thought my last song 'No Idea' was supposed to be my breakthrough song, but it did not work the way I planned, so I was basically talking to God from my heart on the song.''

I thought it will be big only in the south like my other songs, but I never anticipated it to be this big in Lagos and even beyond,'' he admits.

No comments